Why choose us?
NF Apprentices is a non-profit social enterprise that assists body repair shops with successfully administering apprenticeship programmes whilst meeting their skills and training objectives and achieving the fundamental goal of empowering black South African youth through skills transfer.
NF Apprentices provides apprentices with hands on support through their monitoring and evaluation programmes at the various NF partner auto body repair shops, ensuring that apprentices successfully complete the MerSETA CBMT programme whilst assisting body repare shops build skilled employee capacity for their businesses.
To provide young black South Africans with a marketable trade that will lead to employment in the motor industry and develop the next generation of industry leaders.
High potential black South African youth from disadvantaged backgrounds with a matric qualification.
Individualized apprentice support and apprentice placements at leading NF partner auto body repair shops.
What can NF Apprentices do for your business?
We are a conduit for BBBEE compliance: A Socio-Economic Development (SED) and Enterprise Development (ED) channel for NF funders and partners; 100% of NF beneficiaries are black and from disadvantaged backgrounds.
NF Apprentices employs a rigorous recruitment process to identify the best candidates for the CBMT apprenticeship programme.
Manage the apprenticeship programme for your body repair shop
NF will hold your hand through the apprenticeship process and ensure that all objectives are seen through.
NF utilises current MerSETA processes and updated training material to achieve set programmatic milestones
NF Apprentices employs a rigorous recruitment process to identify the best candidates for the CBMT apprenticeship programme. NF Apprentices Foundation uses a targeted approach, sourcing candidates from high schools in the same geographical areas as the partner body repair shops they will placed in. Shortlisted candidates are assessed to ensure that they are the correct fit for the trade and to ascertain their leadership potential.
In order to qualify, applicants should meet the following minimum set criteria.
- South African
- African, Indian, Coloured or Chinese
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Matric qualification
50% and above in Math 50% and above in English
We manage the apprenticeship programme for your body repair shop
NF Apprentices understands that running a body repair shop is very demanding and that it is often difficult to monitor apprentices and their progress. This often results in apprentices falling behind or abandoning the programme – wasting the body shop’s time and money.
NF will hold your hand through the apprenticeship process and ensure that the following objectives are achieved:
- Apprentices are registered with MerSETA and correctly indentured to the body repair shops
- Apprentices are inducted into the body repair shop
- Apprentices complete a workplace readiness programme before placement with body repair shop
- Mentors receive training on successfully managing their relationships with apprentices
- Apprentices and mentors receive a programme outline and schedule
- Registrations for level test preparations and assessments
- Assisting the body shop coordinator with organizing paper work for claiming discretionary grants and tax rebates
Your conduit for BBBEE compliance
Our Non Profit Company status and black South African beneficiary base means partner body repair shops and sponsors are able to receive BBBEE credits in the following areas:
- Ownership - By including NF Apprentices in empowerment transactions, companies seeking to diversify their ownership will benefit from our 100% black beneficiary base
- Skills Development - By employing NF Apprentices as a service provider for managing your apprenticeship programme you will be able to build capacity through on the job training and development